We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time Twain Time decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to Twain Time, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us in compliance with applicable regulations. Through the use of these Services, you are consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
We gather various types of information from our users, as explained in more detail below, and we use this information internally in connection with our Services, including to personalize, provide, and improve our Services, to allow you to make purchases, to communicate with you, and to analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some information with third parties, but only as described below.
- Information we collect
When you make use of our Services, we may collect and process certain personal information about you which may include the following as described below:
Information you provide:
“Personal Information" means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your contact information such as your name, email address, telephone, location information, delivery address, demographic information as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data which you may be required to provide when using the Service.
"Anonymous/Aggregated Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect, use and share Anonymous Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous Data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as such data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For instance, Twain Time may aggregate or anonymize your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Service feature. However, if Twain Time combines or connects Aggregated Data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, Twain Time treats the combined data as personal information which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Note that Twain Time does not collect any Special Category of information about you such as your race, ethnicity, philosophical or religious beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Services you can use.
- Automated information collection
We may collect certain information (which does not identify you as an individual) about your use of the Service through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Links: The Service or contents made available on the Service may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- Beacons: Beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Service and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ beacons to facilitate Service administration and navigation, track the actions of users of the Service, compile aggregated statistics about Service usage and response rates, and provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Services.
Payment transaction information: Through the use of a third-party payment processor, certain financial information used by you for payment transactions on our website may be collected. Payment amount, date and time of the transaction, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, user’s address and other details related to the transaction may be collected as well.
1. Information automatically collected by third parties about you
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed forms, and emails. Twain Time intends to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and for any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
- What we use your personal information for
Twain Time uses the information collected from you to provide, improve, and develop the services we provide to you, communicate with you, offer you a better service, and protect us and our users. When you interact with or make use of the Twain Time service, we use a variety of technologies to collect information about you for various reasons.
- To create and service your user account on the site and to enable certain functionalities for your use on our site.
- Purchase and delivery of services: We use your personal information to take your orders, manage your orders, deliver services, process payments, and communicate with you about purchases and services, and promotional offers
- Recommendations and Personalization: Personalize your experience with our products, services and recommend products, features, and services that we think might be of interest to you.
For communication purposes: We may send emails, newsletters, product updates and related emails to the email address you provide to us and text messages to any cellphone number you provided to us, to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, system maintenance, and other Service-related purposes. We use personal information that we gather from you to communicate with you in relation to your use of the Twain Time Service via different channels (e.g., by email, chat, phone).
- Fraud detection and prevention: Increase and maintain the safety and security of our products and services and prevent misuse. We use personal information to detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect the security and ensure the safety of our Customers, Twain Time, and others.
We also use collected information to protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Twain Time Services: We use your personal information to understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with the Twain Time Service. We also use such information to operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our Services (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions;
- To evaluate and develop new features, technologies, and improvements to the Twain Time Service.
- To fulfill contractual obligations with third parties, for example, partnering with logistics partners in delivering your order.
Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements: in certain cases, we collect your personal information to stay in compliance with laws and relevant industry standards and policies, including this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions.
- Personal Information that we share
Except as described below, we do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Service because we are committed to maintaining your trust:
Service providers: We work with third-party service providers such as Shopify in order to make available to you our products and services for use on or through Twain Time or employ other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Such services may include shipment tracking, product shipping and delivery, product customization and enhancement, payment processing, customer service, marketing, and website usage analytics. We may share personal information or any information collected through the Site with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. We may share Offline Tracking Information with our contractors so that they can link such information to the personal information of a particular customer, and aggregate the information on an anonymous basis with similar information for product enhancement.
- Subsidiaries and affiliates: We may share personal information or any information collected through your use of the Service with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Merger and acquisition: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through your usage of our Service to third parties who acquire all or a portion of Twain Time’ business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
Compliance with laws: We may disclose personal information or any information collected through your usage of the Twain Time Service if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials, law enforcement authorities or a valid subpoena, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including without limitation to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute any criminal offense or attack.
Consent: We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
Aggregate Information: We share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of our Services. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties at our discretion.
- Data retention and deletion
We keep your personal information only as long as necessary to provide you with the Twain Time Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Twain Time Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal information for as long as you are a user of the Twain Time Service.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal information so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal information, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your purchase, such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal information until the issue is resolved;
- Where we need to retain the personal information for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal information for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
- Your rights
General Data Protection Regulations grant you certain rights ('information rights') which provide you with:
Right of rectification or erasure - if you feel that any data that we hold about you is inaccurate you have the right to ask us to correct or rectify it. You also have a right to ask us to erase information about you where you can demonstrate that the data we hold is no longer needed by us if you withdraw the consent upon which our processing is based, or if you feel that we are unlawfully processing your data. Your right of rectification and erasure extends to anyone we have disclosed your personal information to and we will/shall take all reasonable steps to inform those with whom we have shared your data about your request for erasure. Note that we may have a legal obligation to retain some or even all personal information about you under relevant laws. We may also have the legal right to retain the information you have requested to be erased.
- Right to restriction of processing - you have a right to request that we refrain from processing your data where you contest its accuracy, or the processing is unlawful and you have opposed its erasure, or where we don't need to hold your data anymore but you need us to in order to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims, or we are in dispute about the legality of our processing your personal information.
- Right to object - you have a right to object to our processing of your personal information where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling.
Right to withdraw consent - you have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information where the processing is based on consent. To withdraw consent, please specify what you wish to withdraw consent for, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right of complaint - if you are unhappy with the way we have used or are handling your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the Supervisory Authority. So, please contact us in the first instance by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Keeping your data safe
As a matter of policy, we are committed to protecting your data and as such, Twain Time takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Service, your information is protected.
We implement appropriate technical, administrative and organizational measures to help protect the security of your personal information; however, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect the personal information that we gather about you, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and as such, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. We have implemented various policies including encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorized access and unnecessary retention of personal information in our systems.
- Your California privacy rights
If you are a resident of California, this section provides additional information about specific rights regarding your personal information.
Personal Information we collect
The following is a list of personal information that we collect or have collected from California residents over the past twelve months. We will update this disclosure from time to time as appropriate.
- Unique identifiers such as your first name, last name, or similar identifier, address, or IP address;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads, search history,
transaction and interaction data on your use of our Service and from links in our emails sent to you;
- geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer;
- inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences, feedback, and survey responses;
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you (e.g., the information you voluntarily provide as you use the Twain Time services, such as additional profile information or user-generated content).
How we collect personal information
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following sources:
- Directly from our website users when they provide the information to us.
- Indirectly from you as you navigate through the website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third-party service providers.
Categories of personal information disclosed for our business purpose
The personal information that we disclosed about consumers for a business purpose over the past (12) twelve months falls into the following categories as established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- Identifiers such as your name, email address, billing address, or IP address;
- Personal information, such as a credit card number, for example, if we use a third-party payment processor;
- Your age range, gender, or other protected classifications, for example, if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by us or fill the User Content form;
- Geolocation data from your IP address
Access request rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. But only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. Agents must submit proof that the consumer has authorized them to act on their behalf. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose it to you. You may make up to two (2) requests, no more than twice in a twelve-month period for information as to:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you or shared with our service providers for business purposes.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
Right to deletion of personal information
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request the deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do this, please contact us. Depending on your data choices and subject to applicable regulations, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
We may, however, deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers(s) to:
- Complete the purpose for which we collected the personal information, provide a service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Exercise free speech; ensure another consumer's right to exercise their free speech rights or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq. or other legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your rights under the CCPA, and we will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Children under the age of 13/Age restriction
Twain Time's Services are not directed to and do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database. Also, for users between the age of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18), you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission in order to be able to make use of our website and the services that we offer.
- Unsubscribe or opt-out
Marketing emails: If you have subscribed to our e-mail and electronic newsletter communications, you will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from future communications. You will also have the opportunity to "opt-out" of commercial e-mail from the applicable Twain Time Service by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly. Twain Time will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Interest-based advertising: We may also make use of the information we gather about you to provide you with advertisements and offers that are more relevant to your interest. These advertisements may be based on the information we collect through cookies and other tracking technologies that we make use of on our Site, emails and through other third-party websites that you visit.
Do not track: Some browsers have “Do Not Track” features that let you send a request to sites to not track your online activities. We, like many other sites, do not honor those requests.
- Links to other sites
- Acceptance of Terms
Cookies & other web technologies
The type of cookies we use can generally be categorized under one of the four categories below. These are cookies required for our Site's operation and to provide you with the best browsing experience and they fall into the following categories:
- Essential cookies (Also known as Necessary Cookies): These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as keeping you locked in during your visit to the site, and accessing certain areas of the site and the services that we make available to you.
- Performance cookies: These allow us to gather information about how you make use of the website, recognize and count the number of visitors and collect information about how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This cookie helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. The information we collect using these cookies does not gather information about your identity. All information collected using this cookie is anonymous and is only used to improve how the site works.
- Functional cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide personalization and enhanced functionality. For instance, they can be used to remember your name and location if you provide this information. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website and your browsing habits, such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to deliver advertising that is more relevant to your interests and may limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They may be placed by us or by advertising networks with our permission. Please note, that these cookies do not contain any of your personal information.
- Social media cookies: These cookies enable social media functionality and tracks activities like content sharing with friends and networks on social media
- How to contact us
Feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Site and the services should be directed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.